Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Really?

I'm all about free speech (obviously). And music is no exception. Yes there are some questionable lyrics that probably shouldn't be played on the radio.. But the Constitution says we have free speech. And I personally take advantage of that.

As for the radio nothing like a 6 year old girl singing along to Britney's "If you seek Amy". Google the questionability (I don't think that's a word) if you don't already know..
Never mind I'll just tell you (although I hate to say my 12 year old and her friend had to explain it to me.
Say it slowly and think of the game Mad Gab..

IF........ YOU........ SEEK........ AMY......

Hint: do I need to spell it out for you??

Oh I give up. What Britney is really saying is F......U......C.......K....... ME..

You just had an "ah ha" moment, didn't you..

And although Britney's next hit "3" (about her threesome with Peter, Paul and Mary) could easily make her the topic of this post, She is not.

It's actually the radio stations thought process on censorship that has me scratching my head..

Ryleigh and I were in the car tonight when Zac Browns "Toes" came on the radio. We both like this song and sing along to it.
The local radio stations play the edited version so that instead of "Got my toes in the water, ass in the sand" it actually says "Got my toes in the water, toes in the sand". This works out well since I don't allow Ryleigh to say "ass". Although in my opinion it takes away from the song.
But as she finished singing a line in the song that goes "Gonna lay in the hot sun and roll a big fat one. And grab my guitar and play". She says to me "oh that's nice to play on the radio". Pointing out that "rolling a big fat one" makes reference to rolling a joint.. Yes, my 12 year old knows more than she should about such topics (if you know me at all, you know the unfortunate circumstances that have brought us to this point).
So Britney is F..... U..... C..... K...... MEing either before or after her 3some, And Zac Brown is rolling dope (along with thousands of other not so discrete lyrics) But they edited out the word ASS????
Really?

3 comments:

Janice said...

very good point

Nicole said...

That truly is a good point there. I am seriously thinking about not letting my little girl listen to brittney spears...thats so crazy...see you thursday chick...im thinking i should make a blog..what do you think?

Kerri said...

Nicole. You should absolutely create a blog.. You have such fantastic information in that mellon of yours.. Let it out.