Tuesday, October 16, 2012

In addition



I sort of feel the need to clarify my post on Obama care.

Keep in mind; this is only my personal opinion.
I am not anti-medical card.  I am anti medical card abuse.
There are people who genuinely need and deserve financial aid and Medicaid.

People with true physical and/or mental disabilities.

For these people, there should be no limits. All medical doors should be wide open and all services should be available.  Unfortunately, that is not always the case.  I have friends that fight the Obama care red tape to get even minimal medical services.

Friends that have fought the system to get nursing care for family members that very obviously need them. Yet they are forced to provide documentation and proof that they are truly unable to care for themselves or work for a company that offers insurance plans that they can purchase..

People that have maintained steady employment and find themselves in medical crisis, should NOT have to fight the system. And they should not have to fight the insurance company they have been paying premiums to, for specialized medicine, medications, nursing hours etc…

I would also interject that with a personal history of depression and long term treatment of attention deficit, these things do not qualify.  There was a point in my life when the idea of slamming my car into a wall sounded like a more peaceful option than simply getting out of bed. Facing each day was torturous. But every day, I put on my big girl panties, and drug my ass to work, grocery shopped, put gas in my car, kept the house clean enough to avoid infections and parent my children.  Depressed parenting is better than no parenting. And looking at my son and his huge heart full of compassion, I think I did a pretty good job (we’re still working on the female 15 year old).

My point..  Don’t tell me you’re on a medical card, living in subsidized housing or collecting a social security benefit because you’re too depressed to work. Suck it up Buttercup. We all have hardships. Life is tough..  If we all took the easy way out, the government would run out of housing.

My beef is mainly with the children’s clause of this plan..  If Obama care is going to award one child the ability to receive services from the best doctors, and access to the most up to date technology, free of charge, then all children should be awarded the same privilege.    According to Obama care, I make enough money to pay for my children to have insurance.  But however it may appear on paper, I do not make enough money to seek out special treatment or tests that I think my child might need.  For anything that my doctor does not recommend, or anything my insurance carrier (in another state) deems unnecessary,  I must pay out of pocket.

Obama care for children should be across the board.  No matter what the family income is. No matter what tax bracket a family is in.  Whether or not the parent/parents are employed by a company that offers health insurance.  Every child should have the magic card that allows them access to only the best doctors. 

That’s what I would call socialized medicine.

No comments: