Thursday, February 26, 2009

I have a coke problem

I'm addicted.. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, right?
Well I'm hooked on the stuff..
I require ounces of it daily.. If I don't get it, I'm impossible to deal with it..
It makes me feel happy, there is always some in my house, I often hide it from my kids.
Those are classic signs of addiction..
I also love the way it tickles my nose and throat..

THE BUBBLES.. I LOVE THE WAY THE BUBBLES TICKLE MY NOSE AND THROAT.
Coca-Cola.. Soda, pop, fountain drink, cola, carbonated beverage, sarsaparilla (that may just be root-beer)..

And you were so ready to think the worst..

I am a true blue Coca-cola addict.. The fountain kind.. If I have to drink it out of a bottle I will.. But if there is a fountain, look out..
Lately, I've been mixing diet and regular.. My dad swears it doesn't matter, he says "pop is the worst thing you could put into your body. And diet is no better than regular".. He's probably right..
After all, there was an email that went around called "101 things to do with Coca-Cola". One of them said to use it to remove battery acid from your car battery, or something..
I'm trying to drink the diet because for some reason it makes me feel better about how much I consume..

What brought this up? Well I have a question..
WHEN DID 32 OUNCES (A BIG GULP) BECOME A MEDIUM???
Remember the days when your parents would take you to dinner and make you get a small pop.. And you hated it because you knew the 6 ounce glass would be gone in 3 sips.. They don't make that size anymore..
The smallest you can get is like 20 ounces, a medium is 32, and a large is 44.. 44 ounces of battery acid eating goodness..

This is great for me.. You will often see me leaving a gas station with my 44 ounce Styrofoam cup..
The problem is Ryleigh.. I can already see signs that I'm passing the addiction on to her.. I need there to be a small, the way small used to be when I was growing up..

I'm going to hear about this post from my mom.. And this is what she's going to say..
"When you kids were growing up, we never even had pop in the house.. You only got pop on special occasions.".. She's right..
But when I was growing up, I didn't have a cell phone, or a computer, or a TV in my room (this a whole post in itself)..
Things are just different now, and pop is more readily available..
Ryleigh has a phone, a computer, and a TV/DVD player in her room.. And Coke in the fridge..

4 comments:

Amy said...

Who knew we had so much in common? I, too, am addicted to coke. And, yes, I also hide it from my kids. Everyone in this house knows that they DO NOT drink the last coke. I got my addition from my mother, and I'm sure to pass it on to Katie.

I hope you're doing well.

Kerri said...

That's hilarious I too have everyone here trained to not drink the last coke..
Sometimes Ryleigh will trick me and ask if she can have a coke (I always make her ask for pop).
I'll say yes, not knowing I've just given her permission to drink the coveted last can.

I'm doing okay.. The unemployment guy wants me to go to accounting school..
I'm still toying with that.. I had no idea how useless I would feel being home.. I've turned into a friggin house wife.. And let me just say, I am not cut out for it.

Heard things are rough there.. I've got a couple friends that told me the hit was pretty hard..
Sorry to hear it..

Amy said...

My kids have to ask, too. When they do, my usual response is "How many are there?" Of course, sometimes I hide a few in the back of the fridge. Shhhh.

We're hanging in there. I guess you always have to look on the bright side. Things could definitely be worse for us.

I would encourage you to go back to school for a degree, whatever it is. (Assuming it's something you are able to do.) It will certainly make you more marketable.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.