Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Barking Spiders

So my new job is in Human Resources.. This means I interview, hire and supervise employees.
The interviews take place at my desk in the Kelly Services office, which is right next door to The Great Wall Chinese restaurant.

One of my first interviews was a young good looking kid. Well mannered and quiet.. Met all of Kelly's standards..
I hired him..

We were sitting at my desk filling out the last few tax papers and going over the different things he needs to do for us to place him.

After he signed his name several times he got up to leave and he tooted.. That's right. he farted, right there in my chair...

I thought to myself "how embarrassing for him"..
He walked around to the front of my desk turned back, looked me dead in the eye and with a half of a shit eating grin on his face, he shook my hand and walked out.. Leaving his farticles behind (not that I smelled it, but I heard it).

I then started to load his information into the computer and I heard it again. A toot, flatulence, gas passing, barking spiders, fluff, fart.. Whatever you want to call it, I heard it.
But he was gone.. So who was it?? Is the Kelly office haunted? Was it ghost farts?

Then I heard it again and finally asked my coworkers what that noise was..
It's the chair legs scooting across the floor at The Great Wall Chinese restaurant. The wall muffles the noise just enough to make it sound like toots..

That's not the worst part.. The worst part is that as I thought about it, I realized that the guy I was interviewing had to have heard it too.
He wasn't grinning because he tooted and walked out..
He was grinning because he thought it was me..

4 comments:

Amy said...

ROTFL!! That is so freaking funny!!!!!!

Glad you're back. Did I inspire you?

Kerri said...

You can't make this shit up..

More like you strong armed me.

cousin terri said...

hahahahahahahahahaha!

Janice said...

I must admit I have never heard 'barking spiders' before, but great story!! I relived the smirk on his face with you as you realized he thought it was you:)