Friday, December 5, 2008

Drama Drama Drama

I can't believe how much drama there can be in middle school.. Ryleigh goes to a very small private school.. She has literally been in the same class with the same 20 kids since pre-school.. A few have come and gone, but there is a core of 20 students that have been constant.. I pick her up every day and as soon as we walk out of the classroom, the chatter starts.. EVERY DAY..

The conversation always goes something like this:
Brittney (all names are altered because I can't spell most of the actual names) is mad at me because I sat with Susie at lunch.. But during science class Susie told Billy I wanted to go out with him, but I don't.. I like him as a friend though.. but even if I did want to go out with him, I can't. Because he went out with Jenny and she's my friend and friends don't go out with each others ex's..
And then I was crying in the bathroom because Nicky and Tiffany were making fun of me because my pants were too short.. But I don't think they are mom, they cover the tops of my shoes..
They're just in 8th grade and think they're so much cooler than everyone else.. But they're fake mom.. They were talking to Christy, who's kind of chubby, like they were her best friend.. And then when Christy walked away, I heard Tiffany say "she's so fat and nasty".. That's so mean, I would never do that to someone (yeah right).
I think I want to go out with Tommy.. I'm going to have Angie ask him for me.. He already went out with Tammy.. But that's okay because I don't like her anyway.. But here's the problem mom.. Mom? are you listening?.. There are 12 girls and 8 boys in my class.. So the boys I haven't already gone out with, have either gone out with one of my friends, or they're just too gross to go out with..


And she says all that before we ever get out of the building..

Now I've sat back and watched this since the school year started.. And I think I can define "going out"..
Going out when your a 6th grade girl, is define by the level of ignoring you do.. If you're going out with someone, you ignore them more than every other boy. You don't ever talk to them or make eye contact.. If you're standing in the hall talking to your friends, one of them will say "here he comes".. At that point you giggle loudly, say something like "he really said that?", and flip your hair without looking in his direction.
And when playing dodge ball in P.E., you hit the person you're going out with, harder than you hit any other person..
When it's time to break up, you always have a friend do it.. And usually you have them do it via text message or email..

3 comments:

Amy said...

Cassidy said he was "going out" with a girl because they were going to the dance together. (One dance)I don't call that "going out", but "whatev, Mom." I like your definition.

Oh, and do they ever talk on the phone? All they ever do is text! Thank god I signed up for an unlimited texting plan.

. . . wait, when at work, I'll e-mail someone before I call them. GUILTY!!

Kerri said...

LOL.
I would rather email or text, than call..

But I did shut her texting off for 3 months because I don't have unlimited, and she went way over..
when I turned it back on, I asked the woman at Cellone to text Ryleigh.. It said
"this is aimee from cellone.. you have your texting back.. but if you go over, i'm going to personally come take your phone away"..
You should have seen Ry's face.. LMAO..

but yeah, all I ever hear is the message alert on her phone..

Janice said...

Really needed that laugh, thanks. I could see you two walking down the hall and her just chatting away!!