Wednesday, November 12, 2008

trivial trivia

Anyone that has talked to me lately knows I'm just a little stressed about work (or not working as the case may be).. I work at Heatcraft and it's closing.. I only have 6 weeks left of steady income, and I'm a little freaked out about it..
I didn't realize how edgy I really was until this morning..
I'm a huge fan of the show House.. A true die-hard fan.. We're talking, if someone asks me to do something on a Tuesday evening I say "okay as long as I'm home in time for House"..
The local radio station (D102) has been doing House trivia for the last two weeks.. They ask a question and if you're caller number 10 with the correct answer you win for the day.. The prize is a House backpack, T-shirt, and season 4 on DVD.. If you win for the day, you go into a drawing for the grand prize to be given away tomorrow.. Grand prize is a House inspired leather jacket, helmet, and Pocket Rocket motorcycle..
Every day for two weeks, I've known the answers.. I can never get past caller number 4.. So today they get ready to ask the question.. I get my finger positioned on the redial button of my phone.. TommyB reads the question (it's in finish the sentence form).
House says "What am I supposed to do.................." He even listed three possible endings to that sentence..
I watched the show and took notes last night to prepare for this moment.. I didn't know the answer..
I called anyway.. TommyB says "caller number three, thank you" and hangs up.. I hit redial again and it rings several times then I hear "Hi who's this".. Which is TommyB's way of saying you're caller 10..
I panicked.. I NEVER PANIC - EVER (remember the mouse/pants incident? no panic). But today, I hung up the phone.. I DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO GUESS.. I HUNG UP THE PHONE...
This was like the straw that broke the camels back.. And here I sit surrounded by the emptiness of a closing plant, and I'm in tears because I hung up on TommyB.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

-sigh-
2:25pm: I tried again.. I KNEW THE ANSWER.. I was #1) "I'd be paying Foreman less".
I was caller number 1, 2, and 8 (I was using two different phones).

Kerri said...

whoohoo..
The last chance to get into the grand prize drawing and I made it..
yeah baby..

Although, I didn't win the house backpack (that's only on the morning trivia), I still have a chance at the pocket rocket.
All is not lost..

Janice said...

I can't wait to see you on a pocket rockent bike!!!

Kerri said...

Boo D102 Boo..
Somebody named Patty won my pocket rocket..

I'm sure it's for the best. Ryleigh and I both lack a lot of coordination. One of us would surely have ended up in the hospital.