Monday, November 17, 2008

Update on Andrew's car

He blew it up.. That's right, it now lives at the junk yard, waiting to be dismantled by someone who needs a spare part or two.. Although after seeing (and smelling) the garbage dump on wheels, I can't imagine any sane person wanting anything off of it..
According to him he put oil in it when he heard it "knocking".. What does that mean?? The car knocked on the hood and said "hey bud, little low on lubrication.. can ya hook me up?" Well it was just a little too late by then..
And he is without wheels..
Do I want to wring his little pea picking neck? You bet your ass I do..
But going through about 11 years of him doing things that I just couldn't wrap my brain around, I have learned to find humor in EVERYTHING.. Which will one day be the basis of my book "How to laugh at something that isn't funny"..
So what's funny about this??
For starters.. When the car died originally, Scott went to look at it.. He got it to start but it wouldn't stay running.. So he called Andrew and said "you're gonna have to put some gas it in it to make it go".. He had not only run it out of oil, but apparently gas too.. Picture if you will my thug of a son first walking to the police station in the rain, to call for a ride.. Then picture him carrying around my little 1 gallon gas can trying to get enough in his car to get him to the gas station where he put in $5.00.
When questioned about the oil, Andrew said "I put oil in it when I heard it knocking".. (kinda makes you shake your head, doesn't it?) That's impossible.. Shortly after Andrew took possession of the car, he tore the exhaust off of it.. You could here him coming 3 blocks away.. The stereo in it was so loud that my next door neighbor brought her newborn over at 10:30pm and asked that Andrew please turn it down prior to arrival because it had woken the baby up more than once.. I wasn't sure I understood this, because clearly the exhaust was louder than the stereo.. Once again my son said something that proves his genius "Tell her to close her windows"..
The driver side window motor went out.. So it's not like he could roll the window down and hear any pinging, or knocking or even an actual explosion..
My guess is, the car croaked.. Not immediately, but at some point after, a light went on in his head that said "wonder if it needs oil".. He admitted to me earlier that right after it died the first time, he put 4 quarts in it..
As I said, Scott got it running.. But the motor and transmission were pretty well gone and the car wouldn't go more than 15 mph (hey.. we should have sold it to the blue/gray hair lady from Senior Citizen Tuesday)..
So while I was at work Saturday, Scott (with Ryleigh in tow) followed Andrew in the speed machine to the junk yard.. According to Ryleigh while they were on their way, the car "popped" and white smoke came pouring out of it.. Call it dead, and play Taps for it..
So you see, the fact that Andrew had to junk the first car he's ever owned - Not so funny.. The events surrounding it, sound like a bad Laurel and Hardy show..

No comments: